Lathyrus was the greatest of Humanity's cities. At the end of the Third Age it was buried under a sea of ash.
- Their Seers were able to use the Twin Hearts of Lathyrus to bend and control light from atop the Tower of Gnomon.
- Lathyrians quickly forgot their True Origins, but they were religious and worshiped Gods created in their own image.
- They were advanced enough to create clockwork toys that played tunes when touched.
- They tamed Einar to be used as hunting companions
- When the Third Age came to an end, monks began Seeing Stones to watch for shadows and Heartbone Rods to keep them at bay.